ATL United Inaugural Home Game Shatters MLS Records
Tech Square was part of soccer history this month. Atlanta United FC, one of Major League Soccer's expansion teams this season, held its first home game in franchise history at the heart of Atlanta's tech scene.
An eardrum-popping 55,297 people came out on March 5, 2017 for ATL UTD's inaugural game at Bobby Dodd stadium. The game was one of the highest attended in the world that weekend, shattering Major League Soccer's opening weekend attendance records. Decked in team colors and cheering together like they've been doing it for years, fans were eager to embrace this newest addition to the roster of Atlanta major league teams.
Want to be part of sporting spectacle at Tech Square this spring and summer? You better act fast, since the team will move to its permanent home, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, at the end of July when it's completed. Remaining home games at Bobby Dodd Stadium:
- Saturday, March 18 at 4pm vs. Chicago Fire
- Sunday, April 30 at 3pm vs. D.C. United
- Saturday, May 20 at 7pm vs. Houston Dynamo
- Sunday, May 28 at 5pm vs. New York City FC
- Saturday, June 17 at 7pm vs. Columbus Crew FC
- Saturday, June 24 at 7pm vs Colorado Rapids
- Tuesday, July 4 at 7pm vs San Jose Earthquakes